From West Palm Beach, Florida, USA:

How do type 1 diabetes and hypoglycemia relate to each other? I am 25 and have been told by one of my doctors that I have hypoglycemia, however, I suffer terribly with all the symptoms of type 1 diabetes. I am going to be tested this week for it.

Some signs of diabetes (high blood sugar) would be increased thirst, increased urination, weight loss. There are other signs, but these are common. If someone has a definite diagnosis of diabetes and is taking insulin (or certain diabetes pills), then their blood sugar may end up too low (hypoglycemia) from the having more injected insulin into their body than was needed at the moment. The signs of low blood sugar might include feeling shaky, sweaty, weak, dizzy.