From Wisconsin, USA:

I have a 10 year old daughter who has had diabetes for 7 years. She joined a swim team this summer and I am wondering what are the best types of foods for her to eat (1) at breakfast if she has a meet that A.M.; (2) for lunch during a swim meet when she starts in the A.M. and goes through lunch; (3) for snacks during the meet. Any suggestions you can give for recommended blood sugar levels would be appreciated. Normally her goal is 80-180.

I do not know her meal plan or what types of foods she might want or be willing to eat, so I would suggest you contact your diabetes dietitian and I am sure she/he can help. If you have her check her blood glucoses frequently, that will be a good indication if the food and activity are doing okay.

Posted to Exercise and Sports and Meal Planning, Food and Diet