From Houston, Texas, USA:

Where can I find support groups for parents in my city?

Check with the local chapters of ADA and JDF. Have you asked your diabetes care team?

You can start a group yourself. Just ask for a mailing list from your diabetes team. You could invite the social worker, psychologist, nurse educator or doctor to talk the first few meetings. At Children's Hospital Orange County, I started a group that meets on the first Tuesday of every month. It was slow to start but now 8 years later, over 100 parents and kids come.

The Pediatric Adolescent Diabetes Research and Education program at Children's Hospital Orange County has a framework to set up a support group. You can call them at 714-532-8613.