From Moundsville, West Virginia, USA:

My grandson is four years old and always is crying because he is so thirsty or he has to go to the bathroom. His mother asked the doctors about this, because his father has diabetes, and is only 30 years old. They said he is fine, if it continues, we will test him when he is five years old. Why do they wait till he is five? What can we do? Should we look for another doctor?

I suggest your grandson have his urine checked for sugar today! If he is developing diabetes, he could get very sick very quickly if not treated. If his pediatrician isn't concerned, take him to the emergency room or another doctor.