From Oakwood, Georgia, USA:

My grandmother has Type 2 diabetes and wants to reuse her lancets. I appreciated your earlier reply to a question about the safety of syringe and lancet reuse where you listed references, however, all of the references were about insulin reuse, not lancet reuse. What is your source for safe lancet reuse?

While I have no clinical reference to cite regarding lancet reuse, it is common practice (see our poll on the subject) and I know of no one who has experienced any problems due to lancet reuse. With repeated use, the lancet will become dull and will therefore hurt more, thus reuse is somewhat self-limiting.