Question:

From Texas, USA:

I am a 30 year old diabetic. I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes about 3 1/2 years ago. I have very tight control of my blood sugars, and have just recently started thinking about getting pregnant. As a general rule, does blood sugar rise during ovulation? I seem to have one day during mid cycle that it seems to run a little higher and then the next day, it usually drops back down.

Answer:

There may be some variation in blood sugars around the time of ovulation due to rapid changes in hormone levels. However, I would not recommend using this as an indicator of ovulation.

Posted to Family Planning