From Texas, USA:

I am a 30 year old diabetic. I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes about 3 1/2 years ago. I have very tight control of my blood sugars, and have just recently started thinking about getting pregnant. As a general rule, does blood sugar rise during ovulation? I seem to have one day during mid cycle that it seems to run a little higher and then the next day, it usually drops back down.

There may be some variation in blood sugars around the time of ovulation due to rapid changes in hormone levels. However, I would not recommend using this as an indicator of ovulation.

Posted to Family Planning