From Dublin, Ireland:

I am currently using the Novopen 3.0 with Actrapid. My doctor has prescribed lispro for me but Novo Nordisk don't produce this. Will Lispro cartridges work with my pen?

Novo Nordisk provides the Novo Pen free of charge so I believe that you should use Novo Nordisk insulin in it. Lilly has their own pens and your doctor should arrange for you to get one.

Additional comments from Lois Schmidt Finney, diabetes dietitian:

Of interest is that there is now a pen out from Disetronic which allows you to use any type of insulin in the cartridge. We have found this to be truly useful and much less costly than the pre-filled cartridges that you must use with the competitor's pens. For more info see I am not sure if it is available in Europe but you might wish to see since Disetronic is so widely used in Europe.

Posted to Blood Tests and Insulin Injections and Insulin Analogs