Question:

From Bayonne, New Jersey, USA:

What is the success rate/statistics of Pancreatic Islet Cell Transplantation? My husband is 30 years old and has had Diabetes Type 1 for five years. He is interested in getting this transplant. He is in good physical health, monitors his sugar levels a few times a day. We have an appointment with his endocrinologist in several months, but I would like to get some more information before we pose this question to him.

Answer:

You can access directly the International Islet Transplant Registry at the following Internet address: http://www.med.uni-giessen.de/itr/

CR

Posted to Research: Cure