Question:

From Woodbridge, Virginia, USA:

Today I received a phone call from my cousin in Mexico City, Mexico. Her little 5 year old has diabetes and they were told that there is a new medication in the USA that will help them stop the injections. Is there any place they can find this medication? Please help. If you know of any organization in Mexico that can help them, we will appreciate your information.

Answer:

If your cousin's child has Type 1 diabetes there is unfortunately no medication he can take that would allow him to stop the insulin injections. We all wish there were such a thing!

LW

[Editor's comment: For a listing of Spanish-language resources on the Internet, see Non-English Web Sites and Websites Multilinguisticos. WWQ]

Posted to Research: Cure