From Chicago, Illinois, USA:

My husband is 31 years old and is now having to take shots. What is a normal blood glucose count for a male age 31 and about 195 pounds? Since he does not tell me, I need to know. We also have three children ages 2 (girl), 7 (boy), and 9 (boy): at what age should I have them checked to see if they are diabetic?

The usual glucose concentration for any diabetic should be between 70 and 180 mg/dl (4 and 10 mmol/L).

As far as the children are concerned, if they are well and asymptomatic, there is no need to have them checked out. If you are concerned, a simple urine test should reassure you that if they are well, they are unlikely to have diabetes.