From Rockford, Illinois, USA:

I recently fell and received multiple injuries. I was diagnosed with diabetes shortly after. My doctor said it showed up when I was in the hospital and he thinks the trauma most likely caused it because I had been tested for diabetes several times before and everything was normal. Is it likely or possible for diabetes to be caused by trauma?

I do not think there is any evidence that the trauma itself short of major direct damage to the pancreas would cause diabetes although, irrespective of the type of diabetes that you have, the associated stress might have accentuated a process that was already established.