From Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA:

My daughter is 9 and has had diabetes for 7 years. (She weighs 55 pounds.) What could explain the fact that 2 weeks ago she was getting 1 or 2 units of Humalog in the morning along with 15 units NPH, nothing at lunch and by supper she had been running low (50's)? I was not giving any supper insulin and by 8 P.M. she would be 60-80 range, she'd have a snack (30 grams carb) and skipped bedtime NPH which had always been 1/2 unit and by midnight she'd again be 55-85 then 60's at breakfast. This went on for at least 2 weeks. Then the A.M. was getting higher, 160+, so we are back to 3 shots per day and now I can't seem to get any of the numbers below 200. She is now taking 5-6 units Humalog and 12 NPH in the morning and 1-3 units Humalog at supper and 1 unit at bedtime (9:30 P.M.) Do you have any explanations?

It is possible that as you increase her morning NPH, more of it is working before lunch (so she needed less Humalog in the A.M.) and it also lasts longer into the evening.