From London, England:

I am a 53 year old man and have recently been diagnosed as having mild diabetes (blood sugar 7). I am 16.5 stones (230 pounds) about 20 pounds overweight. I have cut sugar completely except for 3 pieces of fruit per day. I am experiencing heavy sweating mainly when I am hot or under exertion but sometimes for no reason. Is this a symptom of the diabetes?

You don't say whether you are on tablets. If you are, then they could be hypoglycemia and thus responsible for your symptoms. Either way, you should report these sweating attacks to your doctor.