From Bombay, Maharashtra, India:

My sister-in-law (28 years old) was recently hospitalised because of very high sugar levels. The doctors say that it is because of the Coxsackie virus which has destroyed the insulin producing cells in the pancreas. I would like to ask whether this condition is permanent or can the cell regenerate? Will she be a diabetic all her life?

Most people that have diabetes present as your sister-in-law end up having diabetes for the rest of their life. If indeed the pancreas cells have been destroyed as her physician indicates, it is not likely that they can restore themselves. Diabetes is an illness that afflicts millions across the globe and is very treatable.

Posted to Research: Cure