From Nevada, USA:

My husband just made the switch from animal-source insulin to synthetic human insulin. He is running low on his blood sugar levels. Should we decrease his human insulin intake? I say yes, he says no. Please let me know as we don't have any qualified doctors here.

It is rather difficult to answer your question with any precision without knowing much more about your husband's insulin regimen, what other kinds of insulin he is using, and what his blood sugars have been reading. The overall aim should be to keep blood sugars between 80 and 160 mg/dl and any time the blood sugars are consistently below the 80 mg/dl mark it is appropriate to consider lowering the insulin dose unless there is some other obvious explanation like a diminished food intake or a sudden increase in physical exercise. It sounds as though you both might be helped quite a lot by a visit, even a one time only visit, to a center where there is an interdisciplinary diabetic care team.