Question:

From Chandigarh, India:

I am a 20 year old girl, and have been diabetic since the past 10 years. I go to college and my problem is that since 2 months or so, I have begun to experience a tingling sensation and this needle like pain in my feet. I would like to know if this could be dangerous and how I can get rid of this pain. Please help, I'm desperate as there aren't any diabetes specialists in this part of India.

Answer:

It sounds as though you have a peripheral neuropathy which may be related to not having been in the best possible control of your blood sugars. There is quite a lot that can be done to help.

Additional comments from Dr. Bill Quick:

See Diabetes and Foot Pain.

WWQ