From Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania, USA:

My daughter has had type 1 since 16 months of age and was formula fed since birth. I am pregnant with my second child and am wondering which formulas are cow's milk based and which have the proteins broken down to peptides? What formula would be the safest for me to feed the new baby, based on a sibling having type 1?

We do not have siblings of children with type 1 on any special formulas. We do usually try to get moms to breast feed if there is someone in the family with type 1 diabetes, but we would never force someone to do so if they do not wish to nurse.