From Idaho, USA:

My whole family thinks that my 7 year old little sister might have hypoglycemia. Once she got so sick that she had to go to the hospital. They told us that she does't have diabetes, and she might have hypoglycemia. I need some good information on a hypoglycemia diet. Can you help me?

Hypoglycemia is best treated by avoiding sugar and eating frequently throughout the day (about every 2-3 hours). Sometimes it is recommended to have protein in each meal and snack to help keep the blood sugars from going low. This diet is very healthy, but takes a lot of discipline to say "no" to regular pop and sweets.

Posted to Hypoglycemia and Meal Planning, Food and Diet