Question:

From Dubai, United Arab Emirates:

I'm a 19 year old Type 1 (diagnosed at 12). I was wondering if my diabetes could have anything to do with the state of my hair. I had it stripped of colour 4 months ago and then dyed, and in three weeks, I ended up with bright orange hair. I left it as it was, and then I had my hair dyed a week ago, and after washing it 3 times, it's back to my bright orange patches. My hairdresser said it could be my diabetes that is to blame. I'd just like to know whether that could be true, or do I need to find another hairdresser? I do have good control over my sugars, so that isn't an issue.

Answer:

I can't think why it is due to your diabetes. It's more likely to do with your hair dye I think.

JS