From Virginia, USA:

I am a type 1 diabetic interested in getting a insulin pump. However, my parents' insurance won't cover it. I will be getting out of school soon, and get a full-time job, and I want to get a health insurance group that covers pumps and supplies. Can you tell me the names of some large groups that do?

Group health insurance is typically provided by an employer and is not something that you can usually just join. You should ask any prospective employer about their health insurance coverage, but you needn't disclose your diabetes unless specifically asked. I would ask about coverage for pre-existing conditions, and ask to see the document that describes coverage. You could then contact the insurer and ask about the pump.

Posted to Social Issues: Insurance/Costs