From St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada:

I am a 38 year old male with type 1. I have been a diabetic for 13 years. I have fairly good control and get lots of physical activity. I was offered a job in Italy and am considering moving. I have a large inventory of supplies at home, but was wondering what would be available in Italy as far as insulin, syringes, blood test strips, etc. I use Toronto and NPH u100. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

In Italy you can find actually all types/brands of insulin, syringes, blood test strips, meters, insulin pumps, etc. that are currently available in the US as well as a network of diabetes centres spotted all across the country where through a team approach most often they will take care of your diabetes as part of our NHS that assure care and distribution of supplies for free to all type 1 diabetic patients. Furthermore, starting on March 1, 2000, all the insulins will be at the 100 U/ml concentration instead of the current 40U/ml.