From Bethpage, New York, USA:

Our 4 year old son was diagnosed with diabetes a few days ago. He is approximately 70 lbs. I need to know how many carbs, etc. he should be eating. This is very confusing and we don't want to do anything to hurt him.

I would highly recommend you find a dietitian who works with children to establish an appropriate carbohydrate meal plan for your son. Without the height and lots of information about what he currently eats, I would not be able to assess his carbohydrate needs. As he grows and develops, the numbers will change so finding a dietitian who can help you along the way is a very good idea.