Question:

From Iowa, USA:

I am a 32 year old female who has been a type 1 diabetic for 20 years and was wondering about the research on the blood glucose self-monitoring machine in which you get the glucose count by placing it over your finger and it reads through your fingernail instead of pricking your finger for blood.

Answer:

I don't believe there is a glucose monitor that reads through the fingernails. Perhaps you are thinking of the GlucoWatch which has had preliminary approval by the FDA and which should be on the market sometime this summer of the 2000. For more details you could look at GlucoWatch.