Question:

From Colorado, USA:

I am Type 2 and a vegetarian. When I go to places such as amusement parks that do not allow food to be brought in, I have a difficult time finding anything I can eat. Are there any federal regulations stating that I can bring in food for my own consumption into amusement parks?

Answer:

I do not see any reason why you can not bring in a small amount of food in your purse. I have seen many instances of moms pulling out raisins, etc. from their purses for their kids.

LSF

Additional comments from Dr. Donough O'Brien:

I'd suggest checking with the State Health Department.

[Editor's comment: Amusement parks are typically private property and can therefore make their own rules. I would bring in whatever you want to eat and, if questioned, explain that you have diabetes and adhere to a meal plan that requires you to bring in your own food. JSH]