From Titusville, Florida, USA:

My son is 15 1/2 and has been diagnosed with type 1 diabetes for over one half year. Since his diagnosis he has suffered with headaches! He never had headaches prior to his diagnosis. Sometimes he has them several times a day, and has gone as many as 12 days in a row getting them daily. The doctor says they are not diabetic related, however I know somehow they are. Could it be due to the high carb intake or diet related? The headaches are more debilitating than the diabetes at times. We have monitored his blood sugar levels during headaches to see if he was low or high with the onset and during, but nothing seems consistent. Please help! Tylenol and Advil are becoming a part of his daily diet.

It would be worth getting his headaches checked out. They may be simple tension headaches. I agree they don't sound diabetes related.

Chat this over with your diabetes team and see if they can come up with any ideas.

Posted to Aches and Pains