From the state of Washington, USA:

Since my 4 year old son's Type 1 diagnosis 4 months ago, he has been having very frequent, soft bowel movements. I'm wondering if any part of his treatment could be the cause. He is on a low dose of insulin due to his honeymoon, eats a lot of fiber and fair amount of artificially sweetened drinks. I'm afraid he is not getting full use of his food nutrients due to passing of bowel movements so soon after consumption.

The soft stools are not likely to be related to the diabetes. If your son is drinking fruit juices, you might try to eliminate them also. Talk to your dietitian about this.