Question:

From England:

I am 21 year old female and my mother is a Type 2 Diabetic. For the past year I have been suffering what I can only describe as several hypoglycaemic attacks. During this time I can suffer from the following all at the same time: cold sweats, lightheadedness, shakiness, nervousness, heart palpitations, weakness, constant excessive tiredness and constant minor skin infections which ooze small amounts of pus. Does this mean that I am a diabetic?

Answer:

It is worth getting checked up by your GP. A simple check of your urine will tell you whether or not you have diabetes. The symptoms you describe may be non-specific; not due to any particular condition. I suggest you talk it over with your GP.

JS