From Massachusetts, USA:

My son is 13 and underweight and small. What do you know of taking creatine to increase his muscle mass, etc?

There is indeed no evidence that creatine supplements do increase weight or height nor muscle mass while it seems to enhance high intensity activities ("increasing the strength") such in athletes. I rather assume that this is what you meant. Per se, creatine has no direct metabolic relationship to insulin and they affect the opposite ends of the energy cascade. What is important though to a diabetic children is to ensure him the best metabolic control, control that is not only of high blood sugars; but of the management and especially the prevention of low blood sugars.

Posted to Exercise and Sports