Question:

From Hotmail:

I am 17 years old and have had diabetes since age 6. Lately I have had really high blood readings and I don't know what to do. I write down what I eat and count my carbo's but nothing helps and I know I am putting my life in danger.

Answer:

Sometimes, blood glucose readings go out of control for no reason. However, it is important that you talk this over with your diabetes team, who will be able to guide you through this time, whether this will be by increasing your insulin, changing your insulin regimen, or whatever. However, make an appointment to see your diabetes nurse. She/he will be the person most likely to be able to help.

JS

Posted to Hyperglycemia and DKA