From Fairfield, Connecticut, USA:

I am 15 years old and ever since I have slowed down my growth spurt, I have gained a lot of weight. I went from 128 lbs to 155 lbs. I am 5 feet 7 1/2 inches tall and quite active. Do I need to lose weight? What is the normal weight for my age? I would like to lose about 20 pounds, but I am having trouble losing any weight. I exercise for at least 2 hours a day and I am on many sports teams. I eat fairly healthy and I am on a pump.

A reasonable body weight for someone 5 foot 7 inches ranges from 140 pounds for a small framed person to 160 for a larger framed person. There is not really a "normal" weight for a specific age. The dietitian on your diabetes team can help you best assess whether you may need to lose weight and, if so, help you best determine the method that will be most successful for you.

Posted to Weight and Weight Loss