From Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, Canada:

I am 42, Type 1 for three years. I experience periodic profuse sweating when asleep. I've read that this may be an indication of liver disorder. Is this common in diabetics?

I don't know if I'm qualified to answer this being only a mere paediatrician. However, the sweating at night might represent hypos, so it's worth checking your blood glucose when you have these episodes. It can also represent autonomic problems so it's worth letting your diabetes team know of your symptoms. Of course, it could be nothing to do with your diabetes at all. I would have it checked out.

Posted to Daily Care and Hypoglycemia