From Brunswick, Georgia, USA:

My son is 5 years old and was diagnosed 14 months ago. He goes to preschool every morning. For the past two weeks his lunch readings have been very high. On the weekends his lunch readings are where they should be. I know for certain that he is not eating anything he should not while he is at school. Is there some other factors that could be causing his blood sugar to be high? His school is very strict and he worries about getting in trouble while there. Could this be affecting his readings?

It is possible that he's anxious at school and this could cause a rise in his blood sugars. However, his better results at weekends may be a reflection of more activity on Saturday and Sunday mornings. Perhaps he just needs a little more insulin on school mornings.