Question:

From Tianmen City, China:

I saw a few days ago in some newspaper that some Ukraine medical scientists have invented a new cure for diabetes. It is said that this new drug is highly efficacious and have no side effects as it's prepared from protein. Do you have this new drug on sale presently? Is it really so good?

Answer:

I am sorry that I cannot help you. I have not read about such a drug. If you can remember more details you might like to monitor new developments on PubMed.

Additional comments from Dr. Bill Quick:

I too haven't heard of such a drug; but I would think that the development of a cure, via a drug without side effects, would probably hit page one of every newspaper in the world.

Remember, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

WWQ

Posted to Alternative Therapies and Explanations