From a college in the USA:

What effect would diuretics and diet pills have on my blood sugar levels? I've been guilty of the "skip a shot to lose weight" method before, but would like to find a relatively healthy answer. I completely understand if you can't answer this question and contribute to my quest to reduce.

I'm not sure if taking diuretics and diet pills is to be encouraged except if taken for specific medical reasons. I wouldn't encourage either to be taken unless prescribed by a registered medical practitioner.

Additional comments from Dr. Bill Quick:

Congratulations on being open about your concerns. Your dietitian may be able to find additional tricks to help you with weight loss. You might seek advice from a counselor or psychologist since it sounds like you are obsessing about weight loss. Please review these ideas with your diabetes team.

Posted to Weight and Weight Loss