Question:

From a college in the USA:

What effect would diuretics and diet pills have on my blood sugar levels? I've been guilty of the "skip a shot to lose weight" method before, but would like to find a relatively healthy answer. I completely understand if you can't answer this question and contribute to my quest to reduce.

Answer:

I'm not sure if taking diuretics and diet pills is to be encouraged except if taken for specific medical reasons. I wouldn't encourage either to be taken unless prescribed by a registered medical practitioner.

JS

Additional comments from Dr. Bill Quick:

Congratulations on being open about your concerns. Your dietitian may be able to find additional tricks to help you with weight loss. You might seek advice from a counselor or psychologist since it sounds like you are obsessing about weight loss. Please review these ideas with your diabetes team.

WWQ

Posted to Weight and Weight Loss