From Dearborn Heights, Michigan, USA:

I am going to have my wisdom teeth (at least two) pulled in about a month and I am wondering: Does a diabetic run any special risks when this is done? Also, should I treat that time like a normal sick-day? and finally, do you think there would be any problems with administering anaesthesia? (I would like to be "knocked out" for the whole thing!)

Beyond the fact that people with diabetes may have some transient problems with control after minor surgery, they are not subject to any special risks. You should discuss these issues with your dentist and your diabetes doctor; but unless X rays have revealed some unusual problems over the removal of two wisdom teeth, this is a procedure that could almost certainly be better done in a very short time and under local anaesthetic. Depending on what time of day the appointment is, all the change that might be necessary would be some temporary reduction in the insulin dose to offset any reduction in food intake due to a sore mouth.