Question:

From India:

I am a 19 year old Juvenile Diabetic for the last 6 1/2 years. I take Actrapid and Insulatard. I take injections 3 times a day. My fasting sugars are always 180-200. Pre-lunch is around 100, pre-dinner around 150 and bedtime around 200. My 3:00 A.M. sugar level is around 60-80. I want to know how I can get my fasting under control. My glycosylated hemoglobin readings are around 6.

Answer:

I can't really understand how your glycosylated haemoglobin value is so low when you are fasting values are relatively high. However, to answer your question, I would imagine that you may find things improve if you drop your before-bed actrapid and perhaps increase the insulatard. Before you do this you should run the idea by your diabetes team and liaise with them over your blood sugar results.