Question:

From Nampa, Idaho, USA:

My 4 year old son is in the honeymoon stage diagnosed 2 months ago. Would olive leaf extract prolong the honeymoon stage? Does it help at all ever?

Answer:

I don't know of any scientific data that supports the use of olive oil in any type of diabetes to prolong a remission period or do anything else related to blood glucose control. I also cannot think of why this might be theoretically helpful so would be interested in knowing how you heard about this and why it would be a possibility.

Tight control of blood glucose levels are the only thing I know of that has been scientifically demonstrated to prolong honeymoon periods and most of us continue to use small doses of insulin to promote optimum glucose control in an effort to allow this to take place.

Posted to Alternative Therapies and Explanations and Honeymoon