Question:

From New York, New York, USA:

My son is 8 1/2. He was diagnosed with diabetes when he was 4 years old. We have an opportunity to take him to Europe (Austria) for 7-10 days this summer. However, my wife is concerned that it is too short a time to go through the difficulty of the time change, etc. I understand this fear, but I fear that holding him back from this opportunity sends the wrong message and is unnecessary. Any advice?

Answer:

The best thing you can do is discuss your trip and the time change with your diabetes team. Your team will help you plan for the time change -- it's really not that difficult to do. I would not let the opportunity to travel across the world slip by.

JWB

Posted to Traveling