From New York, New York, USA:

My son is 8 1/2. He was diagnosed with diabetes when he was 4 years old. We have an opportunity to take him to Europe (Austria) for 7-10 days this summer. However, my wife is concerned that it is too short a time to go through the difficulty of the time change, etc. I understand this fear, but I fear that holding him back from this opportunity sends the wrong message and is unnecessary. Any advice?

The best thing you can do is discuss your trip and the time change with your diabetes team. Your team will help you plan for the time change -- it's really not that difficult to do. I would not let the opportunity to travel across the world slip by.

Posted to Traveling