From Yahoo:

I have a grandson who is 2 1/2 years old. I am afraid that he may have some form of diabetes. I would like information about the kind of diabetes that affects the pituitary gland. My grandson only wants to drink we give him a 8oz cup of juice or milk or water and he screams for another one, and this goes on all day and night he wants to drink and drink and drink. I want to also let you know that he is smaller in size and weight then the normal 2 year old. Please send me the name of this diabetes that affects the pituitary gland and any information you can.

I think that the name you are looking for is 'diabetes insipidus'. This may be due to a disorder of the pituitary gland or of the control of water excretion in the kidney itself. Occasionally and in older children it may be psychogenic. This little boy needs to be seen urgently by a pediatrician or pediatric endocrinologist to confirm a precise diagnosis and to initiate treatment with medications.

Additional comments from Dr. Bill Quick:

It's unclear from your e-mail why you suspect that your grandson might have a pituitary disorder; the symptom of excessive thirst might be due to either diabetes insipidus (a problem of water control only) or the much more common diabetes mellitus (sugar diabetes).

We have previously answered other questions about diabetes insipidus.

Posted to Diabetes Insipidus