From Canada:

I'm Type 1, 42 years old, and I experience significant night sweats almost every night. I had read that this might be a symptom of liver disorder. Any truth to this? Should I have my liver checked? What kind of test can they do?

Liver disorders are not related to sweating.

Hypoglycemia during the night is the most plausible explanation for sweating in a type 1 diabetic patient. Most of the time, It's an effect of mismatched insulin regimens that may progress to unconsciousness and convulsions. Have you monitored your blood sugar levels over the nighttime (particularly between 03:00 A.M. and 05:00 A.M.) in order to track your blood sugar profiles? Ask your diabetes team who'll be able to work out with you if any changes in your therapies could help you.

Additional comments from Dr. Tessa Lebinger:

If you rule out nighttime low blood sugars as a cause of your nighttime sweating, you should still make sure to discuss these night sweats with your physician as they may caused by other medical problems unrelated to diabetes.

[Editor's comment: Your situation might well be clarified by monitoring sugar levels continuously for several days (and nights!) to try to sort out what's happening in more detail. See The Continuous Glucose Monitoring System. WWQ]