From Eugene, Oregon, USA:

My stepson (7.5 years old) has hypoglycemia. He is with my wife and I half of the week; the other half he spends with his biological father. His biological father takes his family out to eat the majority of the time. Do you have any suggestions for the types of food he should order from fast food restaurants? He also doesn't get up in the morning to fix breakfast for the kids. Is there a good, easy to prepare breakfast food they should look for?

Most fast food would be acceptable, however, not the most nutritious a lot of the time. He should stay away from the sweets and it is important that he eat about every two hours to avoid lows. Breakfast cereals that are unsweetened and eaten without sugar are acceptable as would be peanut butter toast or waffles with peanut butter. Staying away from sugars, syrups, honey candy and regular soda as well as a lot of fruit drinks and juice would be advised. Occasional sweets can be worked into a meal. It is important to include a bedtime snack.

Posted to Meal Planning, Food and Diet and Hypoglycemia