From Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, USA:

I have a friend who was just diagnosed with diabetes. His wife is having the most trouble with planning his breakfasts. He is not supposed to have protein very often. Any ideas?

Not knowing how much of a protein restriction your friend is on makes it difficult to be specific. I would suggest that fruit and starches are about all that is left to choose from and those choices would need to be made within the meal plan developed for him. I would highly recommend a visit with a dietitian to help develop a meal plan your friend can live with.