Question:

From Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, USA:

I have a friend who was just diagnosed with diabetes. His wife is having the most trouble with planning his breakfasts. He is not supposed to have protein very often. Any ideas?

Answer:

Not knowing how much of a protein restriction your friend is on makes it difficult to be specific. I would suggest that fruit and starches are about all that is left to choose from and those choices would need to be made within the meal plan developed for him. I would highly recommend a visit with a dietitian to help develop a meal plan your friend can live with.

JM