Question:

From Iowa, USA:

My 13 year old daughter has been having problems with not feeling good in the mornings. She will get up and be getting ready for school and start feeling sick to her stomach, light-headed and hot. Usually after taking a drink of something cold or eating, she will feel better and head off to school. Once in a while she will actually vomit. She complains of acid reflux and heartburn a lot in the morning and evenings. Could this be low blood sugar and signs of diabetes?

Answer:

This doesn't sound like diabetes to me. The classic symptoms of diabetes include frequent urination, excessive hunger, thirst, and weight loss. I would encourage you to discuss your concerns promptly with your pediatrician.