From Easley, South Carolina, USA:

My 22 month old daughter has been having tremors at night and the first thing when she wakes up. Otherwise, she is a healthy, normal child. I was told she is having essential tremors and needs to be treated with medication. However, in researching, the Mayo Clinic states that essential tremors do not happen at rest. I am wondering if she has low blood sugar. (When I don't eat right, my hands shake.) Could she have some form of diabetes?

It is highly unlikely that the cause of her tremors is diabetes, especially if she is otherwise well. However, it does sound as though you need to take advice from a neurologist.