From San Juan, Puerto Rico:

Last week my 12 year old son was diagnosed with Type 1. He is hospitalized to control his glucose levels and to understand how to manage his condition. I feel like I need to learn more about diabetes. Is there a place for a more extensive training in diabetes Type 1 in the US?

I assume you already have a diabetes team in San Juan. If not, please hook up with one. That will be your best resource.

Additional comments from Jeff Hitchcock, The Editor:

There are many well-known clinical centers in the US, including the Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes and the Joslin Diabetes Center, as well as many excellent local hospitals and clinics.