Question:

From Needles, California, USA:

My 3 year old daughter went to the doctor recently and on a simple urine test they found sugar in her urine. We were rushed off to the hospital for all these tests. What can I expect to happen? Everything is just whirling around. Does this mean she going to have diabetes? I am just looking for general information on diabetes for children and what I need to do as a parent?

Answer:

I am are going to refer you to the page of general information as you requested. Please see Diabetes Basics.

Also, I would like to encourage you to discuss this and the results of all the lab tests your child had done with the doctor. Be sure that all your questions are answered.

KS