From Johannesburg, South Africa:

I would like to get some half unit syringes for my two year old son. They are not available in South Africa. My husband will be in Buffalo, New York soon. Can he buy them retail from Wal-Mart? We have heard that one needs a prescription to buy syringes in America. Is this so and if so will a prescription from our paediatric endocrinologist here be accepted there? Is it possible to give a price so we can arrange foreign currency?

According to our information, you need a prescription to purchase insulin syringes in New York State, so have your husband bring one from your son's doctor. You should be able to find the 30 unit syringes with half unit markings at any Wal-Mart. I don't have pricing information. You can use a credit card such as MasterCard or VISA to purchase them, however.