Question:

From Saddle Brook, New Jersey, USA:

My daughter was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes at 18 months old. She is now 4. She was potty trained at age 3, but always had a problem staying dry through the night. It isn't something that just started, or only happens when her blood sugar runs high. She bedwets 3-4 times a week, regardless of her blood sugar numbers. How can I control and handle this?

Answer:

Bedwetting is common among children and it is not due to diabetes. I am reluctant to advise you on how to handle such a disturbance that can be better judged and interpreted by a urologist or perhaps counseled by a psychologist.