Question:

From Richmond, British Columbia, Canada:

My 4 3/4 year old daughter was diagnosed with Type 1 one year ago. Since diagnosis, she seems to have more "stomach flu" type bugs than her peers. Her blood sugars are generally well controlled and she rarely has ketones in her urine. Our diabetes team does not seem overly concerned about this, but it worries me. Could this have anything to do with her diabetes?

Answer:

I'd say no, and I'd be not be overly concerned about this. As far as common gastrointestinal disorders in children are concerned, I would defer to having a pediatrician give counsel on that.

Posted to Aches and Pains