From Orangevale, California, USA:

I have a son who will be 4 in a few months. I took insulin while pregnant with him. He has asthma. I have been noticing some things in him that lead me to wonder if he has diabetes. He wakes up craving food, high carbs or real sugary items. He is very easily bothered, has fits of rage, and has a constant dry itchy skin. He is a big boy (47 pounds) and very strong. He seems to be thirsty a lot and I have always attributed these things to his asthma. We have diabetes in our family (my dad). I would appreciate any information that could help, maybe some questions to ask the doctor, or tests we should have done.

If you are concerned if your child has diabetes, the easiest test to have done is a urine check for glucose in the urine. If this is negative, the symptoms are not due to diabetes.